ATC Data Unit
The Data Unit is part of the Atmospheric Thematic Center of ICOS. It is hosted by the Laboratoire des Sciences du Climat et de l'Environnement at Gif -sur-Yvette (France).
The tasks of the Data Unit are:
Data processing and support
• Supervision, from the raw measurement to the L2 validated product delivered to Carbon Portal, of the whole processing chain,
• Develop and maintain all instrument processing chain from intruments in ICOS stations,
• Develop and maintain in house software to centrally process and quality control the data from the atmospheric ICOS networks.
Data distribution and traceability
• Ensure communication with ICOS Carbon Portal for metadata and data.
• Ensure that data are tracable to the international primary standard for GHG, maintained in NOAA CMDL, Boulder, Colorado, USA.
Near Real TIme NRT data product for PIs
• NRT processing of data (24h).
• Distibute via ATC website NRT monitoring products for PIs data and instrumental check.
- European training centre for ICOS atmospheric measurements and quality control, quality assessment